Monday, September 27, 2021

For you I can write love

I think of Donne’s
romance and understanding,
of sonnets too, too real
Of the bliss in How do I love thee
but also the self guile.

I don’t write easily of love
somehow the embarrassment
sets my hand uneasy
upon the page.
So why do you stir in me
these attempts to create more
than I can achieve?

Why?  When I think of you
do the words burst forth
and more than words flow
And how is it you
give me courage
to pen feelings on page?

And poets gone before
have not the greater treasure
though their meter be precise
and their words measured.
And why do I think of you
when at life I need to smile?
And how is it your thought here
can give grace and style?

Why would I face embarrassment?
Once for a man is too much.
Why could I face embarrassment?
It feels as deaths’ touch.
Why would I face embarrassment?
Because;
For you I can write love.

No comments:

Post a Comment