Friday, September 24, 2021

Love

You come to me and ask
the meaning
of this word.
How can I tell you?
How would I know?
I can drop you hints
point you in directions,
Wind you up with lessons taught me
watch you buckle and break

I never found the same meaning
twice,
In some way white had
become gray.
Never in my head was it clear
but just over there,
it was always that near.

How can we find meaning?
In a universe that folds upon itself
like a broken umbrella perhaps,
We could wait for a new one
but would it be any better?
Or maybe more twisted and turned
more frozen and burned.

I think extremes make this world
for when we dream we move
closer to
or farther from
the world.
But when we wake
we make life a balancing act,
like performers without a contract.

Ignore the universe.
It has its self to fold upon
and I have you.
Locked forever
in the dance of the circle,
our thoughts always focused between
never reaching the meaning,
always side-step with dreaming
but at least we know.

I think it sad we know
I think it sad I can never tell
you what I know or mean,
But I will tell you my dreams,
and we’ll call that understanding
between;
love.

No comments:

Post a Comment