Monday, September 20, 2021

The Bond

 A couch of flowers
she offered
and there I stupidly lay
To see a man amply
satisfied
again with this offering
God stood amazed

But there’s an emptiness
of the flesh
that creates a potential
to conduct
a touch
entire and quick
to fill him enough

Woman
has the touch of flesh
that more than
fills a man
As she holds him deep
inside
herself
and makes sacred
the offering again

Once there was love
in women’s thoughts
but Eve
put forth her hand
and ate love
from the tree
and ate love up,
before man

I knew not what
I wanted
till I ate

I wanted love
but ate passion
I wanted passion
but ate despair
And in eating despair
was not filled
but wanted love
even, more

And when I took love
and failed
the bond
I know now my Adam
made an offering
to even thirteen
but never bonded
never loved
an Eve
Yet wanted love
even, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment