Sunday, January 15, 2023

Don't Set Your Heart

My love
don’t set your heart
so hard against me
For you have
only yourself
to blame
or chance
or maybe fate

My love
I had my heart
contained against you
and any others
that sought
to open same
by deed
or maybe device

My love
you brought out
the remains
of my childish
belief
of happy ever after
and laughter,
and ‘for life’

My love
I find it impossible
if not difficult
to rein in
a joyous tremble
at a remembrance
or semblance
of you

My love
I have to ask
for the sake of
that part
of you in me
Never cry
for want of me
or lie
for avoidance
or simple accordance
unto me

For I would have not
than lose the love
I have for you
For I know not
how you would respond
to this truth
That I am solely,
and simply,
in love
with you.

1/27/07

No comments:

Post a Comment