Saturday, January 15, 2022

I'm becoming quiet

I’m becoming quiet
consuming less
I’m trying to trade
the schemes
for pleasantness

I’ve grown acclimed
to finding
in a line
more meaning
than lies
before my eyes

I’m believing
that my peace
is worth more to me
than recognition
of my worth
in other's eyes

I’m understanding more
that my labor
is an exchange
with the world
for the time
I need to succeed
in life

I’m planning less
and more happiness
I’m finding
wells from what
must be
my soul though
I’ve never known

I’m almost
in a glide
more like a slide
as if the path
was always natural
but I was not

I’m becoming content
to only pay the rent
knowing it can
keep me here
from month to month
not year to year

I’ve gone away
(to hear people say)
but I’ve never felt
more linked
to the ink
on this page
than today

So, while I rhyme
I’m not competing for time
clashing your ego
with mine

I’m just writing
whatever I find
in the way
of my mind
And if you so find
it stays in yours
I’m through.

3/23/02

No comments:

Post a Comment