Tuesday, September 7, 2021

The winnowy dust mote

 Tired like the winnowy dust mote
I flote
'til down a swirl,
I whirl
Caught!
I thought,
Decision made
I lade plans
with more might
than most motes.

Then again
sunbeam sity
my day-night
I fight
powerful flight
with all might
to turn wandering vectors
into many-mote army
with plan.

Battle long,
hordes finely dusted
in mote attire
Enemy menemy
bladed
Giant tufted
rufted in tumult
'til my army spread
like stirred vortex.

Multitude lost
fliers grounded
swept finely from
the battleground
clogged and rending
heat impending
toppling, swaying
crash, damn!
Mighty enemy
finishly with tremendously
updraft
Rising high
in your eye
I’m more than dust mote
to bring tears
On a hot Southern day
with no way
to beat the heat
than sty your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment