Saturday, January 15, 2022

What would she do?

At night
I did
go to sleep
and wish
my love
sweet dreams

At night
I did go
to bed
and give
to my love
one last kiss

At night
in preparing
to retire
I would brush
my loves
hair

At evening
I did
hold my love close
or squeeze
my loves
hand

At evening
I did
watch my love read
or busy herself
as I
did the same

At evening
we did
share a meal
share a walk
excitedly discuss
the days events

In morning
I did
bid my love
farewell
a quick kiss
and hug

In morning
I did
make my love
a small
breakfast
to start her day

In morning
I did
wake my love
as she slept
more soundly
than I, in my way

But eventually
my love
lost the habit
of holding me close
waking with me
of taking with me
her meals
There was
one last time
I brushed
her hair

Still, I wonder
if she knew
the effort
it took
to give up
the feeling
of love
I had
for her
what would she do?

3/10/02 

No comments:

Post a Comment