Saturday, January 15, 2022

Love, forever, is inhuman

Love, forever, is inhuman
for tragic tear
dries away
for sorrow slips
and fear fades
even hope
fails the grave.

In creation find beauty
new meaning
is given a new beginning
to procreations sin.

Yet what child cowers in the womb?
love, forever, inhuman
without meaning, stillborn.

Shall we never harvest the seed?
Fallow lies the universe
yet it is for us forever
love will before I’m past
see a chance in creation
to give up the ghost at last.

But close with me now
while I move too intricate
for knowledge
while I lie too still for chance
and transverse this incredible longing
to see your stoic face
and your disappointment of my
every step
and your contempt of my
every thought
till at last despair
brings understanding
and we lie face to face.

Close, my body
in the solace of sweat
finds creation yet upon
creation
it is this
I give to woman
though I call her by name.

Love, I ask,
Why  do your tears
dry upon your face?
Why do you forget sorrow
and your fears fade?
When I’m upon your emptiness
I feel a plow upon barren soil
Why does harvest bring you pain
when to me joy?

Close now
in sacred heat
A flush like pity
upon your face
Why forever do you find sorrow
Why forever do you find shame
at every embrace?

Until a chance, a chance, a chance until…
the growing secret
lies with man
and all that’s human is his longing
for love, forever, inhuman remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment