Sunday, February 26, 2023

Lost we two, the chance

My love,
Open your heart
from the inside
and through that door
love will climb

And because of love
your heart will beat
a rhythm so steady
a sound so sweet

That should you think
something profound
it’s just that love
can turn you around

And there I’ll be
with lonely heart
that beats for you
though we are apart

And since the door
into my heart
was left ajar
because my love
from me is far

It beats unsteady
in starts and stops
in cycled series
like a code that hops

And beats out
a message
to you my love
if you listen
you can hear ---

Pick me, pick me,
I love, my love,
we should, we should,
just be, my love

Just be, just be,
with you, with me,
I know, I know,
my love, you’ll see

How long, how long,
must I remain,
await, awaiting,
my love, the same

feeling, I hold in
my heart, does start
cannot remain just,
even death will
straight-line
earthly love.

And lost
we two
the chance,
thus.

3/24/09

No comments:

Post a Comment