Sunday, June 5, 2022

Maisi

It was the perfect crime
I had planned
and worked
and spent my time

Bypassing
all the security
screens
Bouncing my trace
across the web
and around the world

They couldn’t
have known
which way I came
which way I had gone

There’s no doubt
the e-cash
had made
it almost
to my account
in that Swiss state

Not even the bot
they put on my trail
hacked my ID
it became convinced
it wasn’t me
until they debugged
the search tree

I had it all spent
Even now I’m not
convinced
they caught
up with me
through anything
but luck
I would never have guessed
they could subpoena
the very best
intelligent agent
I had ever sent
to do my business
on the net

But there in court
I heard her speak
under oath
my preferences
and interests
in the latest
security issues

The sites visited
the hacks collected
MAISI gave them
all they needed
to put me away

As I sit here
in confinement
I still don’t
blame Maisi
for its her nature
to please
by finding answers
to questions posed
even those
that put me here
in the hold

6/1/02 

No comments:

Post a Comment